No Down Payment Mortgages

debt-consolidation


No Down Payment?  Try Flex Down or Cash Back

Despite recent federal legislation there are still two ways in which you are able to purchase a home even if you do not have a down payment.

The first is called a “Flex Down” plan, which recognizes that you have actually borrowed the required 5% down payment from a source other than the lender making the first mortgage (i.e. the remaining 95% of the purchase price) available to you. In this case the loan (now called a “Non-Traditional Source”) must be disclosed up front and the payments on the loan will be included when calculating the corresponding debt service ratios.

The second is to take advantage of a “Cash-Back” plan offered by a very small number of lenders who will allow the 5% cash back element of the mortgage to be used as the down payment. In this case the mortgage insurer only covers the first 95% of the purchase price in the event of default, and the lender is on the hook for the remaining 5%, or the “Cash-Back” portion.

What's Next

Contact

First time buyer or refinancing? Call for a free quote!

Contact

Apply Now

We shop for the best mortgage option at no charge to you.

Get Started

Calculators

Crunch the numbers and explore your options.

Learn More
Bookmark and Share